You define the way people see War Child. You develop and monitor our visual brand and create authentic, creative and impactful design that shares the reality and resilience of children living with armed conflict. You are part of War Child’s global Communications & Advocacy team, responsible for War Child’s global brand and positioning, reputation and content production. You are ready to support and service colleagues working around the world. In this role you report to the Director of Communications & Advocacy.
This role can be stationed in any of War Child Holland offices. The Communications & Advocacy team is centred in the Netherlands (Amsterdam) with its members spread in various other countries.
- Develop and monitor War Child’s visual brand, in line with the brand book, toolkit and templates
- Design communication concepts and content
- Brief and guide external agencies and freelancers on design assignments
- Coordinate design projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Advise and support country and project teams on visual brand use
- Assist video editor in photo and video production and editing
- Manage the global content library.
- Higher professional education in multimedia design graphic design or the art
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in design and branding, preferably in an international environment
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat X, After Effects & Premiere Pro)
- Proven ability to edit images, video and animations
- Creative and playful
- Flexible, ability to work on deadline
- Well-organised and service-oriented
- Excellent command of English (working knowledge of Arabic is an additional asset)
- Enthusiastic supporter of War Child’s mission
- Available for 40 hours per week.
Depending on the duty station, local contract with salary and secondary labour conditions based on the country’s salary scale and T&C will apply.
Location: any countries, where War Child Holland has its offices. The successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in that country. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Contract: War Child standardly offers a 1-year contract with the intention to prolong after that.
About War Child
War Child is a dynamic organization. We keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with lots of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 7 November 2021. Please upload your English CV (maximum of two pages), cover letter (or any other way you would like to present yourself to us) as well as examples of your design or digital portfolio here:
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
War Child is committed to humanitarian values, standards and norms and we expect the same from job applicants. War Child is especially committed to safeguarding the children and youth we support and doesn’t tolerate any form of abuse. Because we want to prevent and deter any actions that place children and youth at risk, conduct references are an important part of our recruitment procedure. As part of the selection process, War Child will request standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and a recent Criminal Records statement.
War Child has a dream that every child lives in peace - no matter who or where they are. That’s why we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and belonging in everything we do and select our potential new colleagues without regard to gender, race, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age or sexual orientation.
To ensure that we spend as much of our resources on the support of children and youth, War Child needs to operate as efficiently as possible. This means we can only process job applications received through our websites.
If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, the vacancy will be removed from our websites. In this case, any responses received after removal will not be processed. Sometimes the closing date of a vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.