Online Communication Officer
You boost War Child’s fast-growing online network and brand as an expert organisation in the field of psychosocial support to children living with armed conflict. You create authentic, unexpected and impactful online content and concepts to share the reality and resilience of these children with audiences in the Netherlands and around the world.
- Implement the online strategy for corporate social media
- Create inspiring and impactful content for corporate social media and websites
- Maintain and help to develop the corporate websites
- Monitor online developments, identify communication opportunities and create new concepts
- Develop and implement brand-guidelines and tone of voice across online channels
- Advise and support project teams how to use online as a strategic instrument
Online Communication Officer is part of the Communications & Advocacy department, closely supports the Coordinator Online, and reports to the Director Communications & Advocacy. The department is responsible for War Child’s global brand and positioning, reputation and production of external content.
- Higher Vocational Education or University degree in Communication, Journalism or a field directly relevant to War Child’s mission
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience in online communications, preferably in an international environment
- Superior skills in production of online content in Dutch and English
- Sharp, savvy and hands-on, strong in conceptualisation
- Demonstrated experience in SEO and SEA, good knowledge of Google analytics
- Proven ability to edit images, video and animations
- Experience in working in a creative, results-oriented environment is desirable
- Ability to advise and mentor colleagues on online communications and best practices
- Native Dutch speaker, excellent command of English (working knowledge of German or Swedish would be an asset)
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
- Available for 40 hours per week, starting September 1st
- EU resident or in possession of Dutch working permit.
- Salary range from €2811 to €3565 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- A contributory pension scheme
- Monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25,-
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. We work very closely with our communications colleagues in Germany and Sweden and, to a lesser extent, in Canada and the UK.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 21 July 2019. Please upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter (or any other way you would like to present yourself to us).
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.