Manager Programme Partnerships & Grants
You are the inspiring leader of the Programme Partnerships & Grants (2PG) team that works to expand War Child’s funding and partnership portfolio, provide expert knowledge to the programme countries & Global Programmes and strengthen the capacity of the organisation in regards to programme partnerships, fundraising & donor relations, grant management and exceeding internal & external minimum standards.
This position is based in Amsterdam, where War Child’s Home Office is located. As Manager Programme Partnerships & Grants you are part of the International Programmes Department and report to the Director of International Programmes.
-Inspiring 2PG team leader to achieve the following targets:
- Programme partnerships: by 2021 War Child has increased and strengthened its portfolio of strategic and global partnerships
- Donor relations and institutional fundraising: by 2021 War Child has increased its institutional funding base to €40 million (from €23 million in 2017)
- Quality Assurance: War Child has ensured organisation-wide adherence to meeting or exceeding internal and external grant management quality standards, donor guidelines and related compliance matters.
-Help War Child becoming a networked expert organisation
-Build on War Child’s ongoing organisational developments, including regional teams, Field Delivery Model and horizontal teams
- Effectiveness and efficiency by rationalization of roles within the wider team
- Partnership development, selected external networks, consortia and internal horizontal networks
- Develop funding & investment plan, based on donor trends, War Child unique added value and strengths and priority funding needs
- Selected top 10 donors in relationship building, knowledge and expertise
- Quality data on account, project and grant level for analyses, steering and learning.
- University degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in international cooperation and development
- Proven field experience
- Experience in working with institutional donors, such as EC, ECHO, USAID, USAID, MFA, UN, international foundations etc.
- Proven experience in grant partnership development and team management
- Excellent social, communication skills and strong connector
- Relation building skills and having an important network in the sector
- Motivated and motivational towards achieving results and objectives;
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Dutch preferred.
- Additional languages (Arabic, French or Spanish) are an important added value.
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission.
- Available full time and based in Amsterdam.
- EU citizen or resident, able to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Salary range from €3999 to €5600 gross per month, based on 40 hours week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- Pension contributions fully covered by the employer
- Monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by no later than 18 August 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and fill in our online questionnaire
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.