Legal Advisor & Personal Data Protection Coordinator
War Child’s dedicated Governance & Organizational Development team (also known as the “GOOD team”) is responsible for the governance and organizational development of War Child. The GOOD team mandate covers governance, legal, integrity, child safeguarding, internal audit, risk management, organizational development and culture. Together we strive for optimal organizational quality and integrity in the broadest sense of the word.
Your challenge as the Legal Advisor & Personal Data Protection Coordinator is to help War Child colleagues worldwide with all types of legal, governance, policy and personal data protection questions and support requests. You will be the driving force and face of the organization when it comes to legal and personal data protection matters. You will develop capacity in the organization and will be challenged (in a good way) in your problem-solving skills and creative thinking due to the dynamics of often working in challenging legal environments.
As Legal Advisor & Personal Data Protection Coordinator you are part of the Governance & Organisational Development department and report to the Manager Governance & Organisational Development.
- Provide advice, support and capacity development on strategic and day-to-day issues on variety of subjects in the broader legal, compliance, tax, governance, corporate and personal data protection area
- Contribute to relevant internal and external working groups, such as the Dutch Relief Alliance
- Advise and support in the set-up of new country offices
- Carry responsibility for management of D&O insurance, business liability insurances and event insurance; coordinate with external insurance advisor and internal clients in case of questions, claims or requests
- Coordinate War Child personal data protection framework, ensure best practice
- Guide and coordinate compliance with applicable personal data protection laws and regulations
- Develop and contribute to organisational policy, compliance and governance
- Manage contracts, registers and corporate documents.
- University education in Law
- High level and problem-solving way of thinking and acting
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in legal advisory role
- Good knowledge, experience and/or understanding of systems of governance, legal compliance, contracts, personal data protection, internal processes, procedures and policies - preferably in the context of an NGO
- Experience in capacity development, and development of templates and other guidance tools
- Focus on quality assurance and improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Customer orientated, enthusiastic and creative
- (Cultural and Organisational) sensitivity
- Result-oriented and determination
- Ability to work with and co-ordinate stakeholder groups to effectively deliver operational and strategic goals
- Understanding of management and operational matters
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, organisational and project management skills
- Fluency (verbal/writing) in English and Dutch (French, Arabic and/or Spanish is a pre)
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
- Available for 20 hours per week, starting as quickly as possible
- EU national or eligible to live and work in EU.
- Salary range from €3263 to €4221 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- A contributory pension scheme fully paid by War Child
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 8 March 2020. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter here:
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.