Saleforce Application and Process Specialist (32-40 hr)
At War Child Holland (WCH) we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. Since 2017, War Child uses Salesforce as the main information system for CRM and program and grant management across the entire organisation, from all round customer service to opportunity management to project monitoring & evaluation.
As Saleforce Process and Application Specialist, your main responsibility is to manage the Salesforce platform, keeping it in tip-top shape. Besides maintenance, you further develop and improve the support of up and running business processes, including integration with other tools. You advise and guide our international fundraising teams that are new to Salesforce, with an eye for scalability. You support key users of the diverse domains for our 14 programme countries, providing directions on priority setting with your IT knowledge and growing their capabilities to use the system’s full potential. In addition you are also involved in a wider range of digital innovation projects focused on data and the scaling of War Child's work.
As Salesforce Application and Process Specialist you are a part of the ICT department and you report to the ICT Manager. As Salesforce Application Specialist you are the linking pin for the key users of Salesforce in our 3 donor and 14 programme countries, and you work together with the wider ICT team and vendors.
The Saleforce Application and Process Specialist role is stationed in our Amsterdam office (successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in the Netherlands).
- Safeguard architecture, data consistency and logic within and between processes and needs
- Set up, monitor and safeguard the authorization structure, monitor usages of application and date maintenance by users.
- Lead updates, software upgrades, testing, implementation and deployment
- Signalize and suggest process improvement possibilities
- Translate business requests to use cases and system requirements
- (Co)develop plans and implement new functionalities independently or in cooperation with implementing software partners/system developers
- Support implementation and rollout of Salesforce in new fundraising countries
- Manage the helpdesk, solve incidents or put forward to third parties
- Organize (advanced) training and guidance to (key) users on relevant topics and maintain documentation
- Participate in projects to improve the usage of data in the organization and advise on usage of (innovative) digital technologies
- Participate in NGO platforms and stay up to date of market developments.
- HBO+ level of working and thinking
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant working experience as an application specialist
- Experience with configuring and administering Salesforce
- Knowledge of (Salesforce) technologies such as APEX, Salesforce Flow, SQL, Jitterbit, Kobo Toolbox and experience with integrating Salesforce with other systems and platforms
- Affinity with digital innovation projects and technologies
- Knowledge of Marketing Cloud and experience with BI tools like Power BI is a pre
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; creative in finding solutions
- Understanding of the processes and services of NGOs is a pre
- Solution and service oriented
- Ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures
- Good communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- Fully support for War Child’s mandate and mission
- Available for 32-40 hours per week
- Eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Salary range from € 3090 to € 3997 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional fixed free days
- Vacation allowance of 8% of the annual salary
- A contributory pension scheme, fully paid by War Child
- Possibility to combine working from home with work in the office
- Laptop to work from any location and mobile phone contribution of €25 per month
- Possibility to follow (online) trainings and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
- Good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 30 November 2021. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter here:
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
War Child is committed to humanitarian values, standards and norms and we expect the same from job applicants. War Child is especially committed to safeguarding the children and youth we support and doesn’t tolerate any form of abuse. Because we want to prevent and deter any actions that place children and youth at risk, conduct references are an important part of our recruitment procedure. As part of the selection process, War Child will request standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and a recent Criminal Records statement.
War Child has a dream that every child lives in peace - no matter who or where they are. That’s why we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and belonging in everything we do and select our potential new colleagues without regard to gender, race, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age or sexual orientation.
To ensure that we spend as much of our resources on the support of children and youth, War Child needs to operate as efficiently as possible. This means we can only process job applications received through our websites.
If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, the vacancy will be removed from our websites. In this case, any responses received after removal will not be processed. Sometimes the closing date of a vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.