Regional Education Advisor
As Middle East Regional Education Advisor you are responsible for ensuring quality and evidence-based programming in line with War Child’s care system and international and global standards, the growth of educational competencies and capacity in the WCH ME countries and the alignment of global and country specific strategies. This includes a focus on War Child’s core intervention programming, through technical support, contributing to the development of regional and country strategies and programs, competency building (structured learning, coaching), and surge capacity for emergencies.
The Regional Education Advisor reports directly to the Regional Representative for the Middle East.
S/he collaborates closely with the Regional PSS and Child Protection Advisor, with in-country education senior staff and liaise regularly with the Global Education Specialist and the Programme Quality Team in Amsterdam. S/he also collaborates with the Regional P&BD Advisor. The position could be based anywhere in the region: Jordan, oPt, Cyprus or Lebanon.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance, lead education competency building in the region
- Develop country programs’ expertise to design, monitor and implement evidence-based education programming and projects
- Provide support and coordinate country teams’ resources linked to the quality implementation of key educational approaches, methodologies and strategies
- Guide the strategic thinking on education in the region in cooperation with the CRs, reflecting it in regional and country strategies, policies and guidance
- Deploy and be available for EiE for War Child in the region supporting country education teams in conducting assessments and deliver quality Education response
- Contribute to the global thematic development work and advocacy in War Child’s Education priority areas and core interventions
- Ensure that Education M&E standards are adhered to in countries in line with War Child’s M&E framework
- Lead cross country coordination and cooperation on education programme component by liaising continuously with country teams
- Provide opportunities for cross-country Education knowledge acquisition, capacity and competency development, including but not limited, to the areas of education in emergency
- Gather lessons learnt from countries Education programs, including documentation and dissemination of new knowledge and ensure that lessons learnt are shared and considered for effective Education programming
- Attend and contribute to coordination initiatives for Education in the region, and contribute to the development of regional initiatives focused on Education
- Represent War Child in relevant regional and global Education technical fora, including relevant regional Education donor meetings
- Support efforts to fundraise to expand Education programs in the region, based on evidence gathered, monitored and analyzed in countries
- Coordinate with War Child’s Education R&D Department to share lessons learned and follow up on development of Education core interventions.
- Higher Education in Social Sciences, International Development or related fields
- Extensive experience, progressively responsible, working on Education programming in the Middle East
- Knowledge of and experience in Education in emergencies programmes
- Knowledge of and experience in the Syria, Lebanon and Occupied Palestinian Territories responses and relative coordination structures
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and established international standards on Education for children in humanitarian settings
- Experience of preparing concept notes and proposals for fundraising
- Excellent understanding of M&E processes and methodologies relevant for Education
- Extensive experience of competency and capacity development, including facilitating learning, coaching and supporting learning across multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English; Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving and result oriented mentality
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission.
WCH has been working in the Middle East since 2008 on psychosocial support, child protection and education programmes for vulnerable children. WCH is currently working in Lebanon, Cyprus and oPt. This position could be based anywhere in the region: Jordan, oPt, Cyprus or Lebanon. Frequent travel within the region is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 2 June 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.