Project Assistant based in Nicosia, Cyprus
This is a national position based within the EU with national labour conditions. War Child Syria strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
* Cooperate and liaise with the project team to understand processes.
* Assist in the review of reports (monthly, quarterly, 4Ws, etc.) along with all supporting documentation.
* Complete administrative tasks to support the implementation and operation of the projects.
* Collect, record and input data when needed.
* Follow up on logistical matters relating to trainings, meetings and visits of partners or donors.
* Support and follow up on the reports tracking sheet submitted by partners.
* Follow up and register all security incidents received by partners.
* Support in ad-hoc tasks requested by Program Implementation Team.
* Demonstrated skills in administration and project coordination.
* A minimum of 1 year of working experience in a similar relevant position, ideally with an INGO.
* Good problem solving and social skills.
* Possess strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritize.
* Self-motivated with a positive can-do approach.
* Ability to set and maintain high standards with an eye for detail.
* Enthusiastic and keen to work collaboratively as a team.
* Proven affinity with War Child’s mandate.
* Relevant academic background.
Skills and Competencies
* Strong communication skills, fluency in Arabic and English.
* Cultural sensitivity.
* Attention to detail with strong follow up.
* Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently.
* Proficient in Ms Office - word processing, spread sheets, etc.
* A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
* A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
* Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia, with some travel to neighboring countries.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 2 years with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: As soon as possible!
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and a short cover letter as soon as possible. Please upload your CV and cover letter written in English:
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.