War Child Holland is on a journey towards becoming a Networked Expert Organisation. We want to make sure that every individual at War Child can make the greatest contribution possible towards our mission. This will see us take steps to ensure War Child becomes a true Learning Organisation.
We have recently launched our first online learning platform the War Child Learning World for members of staff across the entire organisation - and those from partner organisations we work with. We are excited to scale our expert support to reach more children.
Your challenge (volunteer)
War Child Learning World is hosted on the Kaya platform of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy. We are now starting the implementation of this brand new learning space.
This role is dedicated to supporting the Learning Manager and colleagues in the implementation of our new e-learning solutions. The position is based in our office in Amsterdam. We have a range of diverse tasks, for which we look at your strengths to make the best fit:
- Hands-on support to staff in developing online learning paths (review of activities and content and transfer into Kaya, development of basic manuals and learning modules on design of online learning).
- Basic technical and practical maintenance of the ‘War Child Learning World’ (enrolment, testing, fix problems, help desk).
- Help develop manuals on the use of video in learning paths, e.g. how to use the DIY Studio/ create instructional video.
- Collect and assist in implementation of user feedback to improve the War Child Learning World.
- You are interested in working in an international organization, a multi-cultural environment and are eager to learn.
- Have been trained in/ experience in (online) learning design/ blended learning.
- You enjoy supporting your colleagues hands on in transferring their learning paths/training to online and blended solutions. You have great soft skills, like empathy and are flexible in working with teams.
- You have understanding of how technology is used to enhance the learning experience, and basic technical skills relevant to learning technology development.
- It is an advantage if you have experience in using online learning platform (e.g. Moodle), using e-learning authoring tools (e.g. Adapt) and/or have a basic html/ programming background and/or have video editing experience (e.g. Adobe Premiere).
- Proficient English speaker and writer. French/Spanish/Arabic are a plus.
- Quick learner
- Relevant experience or study in education, pedagogy, social science, technology, instructional design, programming or other related fields are invited to apply
- Enjoy working with technology
- Good communicator, willing to share knowledge and experience
- Affinity with War Child’s work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict
- Available between 1 to 3 days a week, starting as soon as possible for 3-6 months (extension possible).
- Residing in the Netherlands.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We aspire to be dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 20th March 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and your motivation letter.
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website will be processed.
- If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
- It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.