Senior Technology Advisor Can't Wait to Learn
As the Senior Technology Advisor you will lead research into tools, technology, and innovation used for War Child's Can't Wait to Learn program: www.warchildholland.org/cant-wait-to-learn
You will be a principal contributor to the technology roadmap that will enable the programme to achieve its goals in the short, medium and long term. You will establish which technology, products and services are required and best suited to achieve both the trial and scale-up goals of the Can’t Wait to Learn programme.
- Leading the development of appropriate technical specifications for Can’t Wait to Learn products;
- Serving as technical lead in resolving complex issues during roll out and life of products;
- Contributing to the coordination of a cross-functional team in the development and support of CWTL products;
- Identifying, prioritizing and managing key technical changes and risks of CWTL products;
- Ensuring all technical risks associated with CWTL products are identified and closed or mitigated to enable quality scale-up;
- Reviewing and submitting all equipment requirement plans along with an assessment of the robustness of the solution to meet the overall needs of the programme;
- Serving as the senior technical advisor for the product line for the life cycle of the product;
- Ensuring operations technical readiness for all phases of the programme cycle;
- Defining and rolling out the technical system in all countries for trials and scale up phases, together with the Project Manager – Roll-Out.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary level education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related IT discipline;
- Experience in developing product roadmaps for complex technology-assisted programmes;
- Experience in creating software using scrum or other flexible innovative methodologies;
- Ability to develop appropriate, sustainable and cost effective technology systems and structures in low resource settings;
- A strong ability to conduct market analysis to identify and assess relevant technology partners;
- Significant experience working in multi-partner teams, particularly private / public partnerships;
- Proven ability to solve problems and leverage appropriate resources to produce quality outcomes;
- Very strong teamwork and communication skills including presentation preparation and delivery;
- Strong ability to produce quality work outputs within agreed priorities and to deadlines;
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written with Arabic or French proficiency preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Available as soon as possible for an initial period of six – nine months, with a strong potential for extension based on performance.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 2 May 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink:http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/79263
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.