Senior Account Manager Foundation Partnerships
As the Senior Account Manager Foundation Partnerships you are responsible for the account management of the foundation portfolio of War Child and income generation from international and/or national (Dutch) foundations (stichtingen/vermogensfondsen).
As the Senior Account Manager Foundation Partnerships, you
* Set out specific strategies for developing relations with foundations
* Support the exploration of new fundraising markets
* Take initiatives to position War Child on the (international) fundraising market
* Initiate, manage, build relationships, execute, evaluate and coordinate fundraising activities with national and/or international foundations
* Set and work towards specific fundraising targets, numeric and content based
* Manage one staff member
* Relevant academic background in Development/International Cooperation, Social Sciences or Communication and Marketing
* At least 5 years of experience in the area of fundraising within the Netherlands and International (account management and acquisition)
* At least 3 years of work experience in the area of international development and/or humanitarian aid
* Good knowledge of current developments and trends in the (international) aid/humanitarian sector
* Excellent writing skills in English and Dutch. French, Arabic and/or Spanish are a plus
* Analytical thinking for translating from strategies and plans to activities
* Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail
* Customer orientated, enthusiastic and creative
* Result-oriented and determined, able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
* Ability to deal effectively with various cultural and war affected contexts
* Willing and able to travel to conflict affected countries
* Available at short notice for 32-40 hours per week
War Child is a young and dynamic organisation. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 31st of October 2018. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) by using following hyperlink [please note that instead of handing in a cover letter, we invite you to fill in our online questionnaire]: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/112405
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.