Request for Proposals: Video Production
War Child Holland invests in a peaceful future for children affected by armed conflict. Our mission is to help war children to change the future.
1. About Can’t Wait to Learn
Can’t Wait to Learn (CWtL) proposes new cost-effective solutions to the urgent challenges facing education for children in emergencies. By utilising innovative technological solutions with a focus on serious gaming, CWtL builds on concepts which have been successfully piloted in Sudan.
Can’t Wait to Learn has the potential to provide out-of-school children with access to education opportunities, especially in rural areas where no formal schools exist. The programme uses education technology as part of a model of education which is offering certified curriculum level content through applied gaming and personalised pupil engagement. The programme uses a range of innovative, results focused approaches: combining context specific applied gaming and community-based facilitation instead of waiting for formal schools to be built; a strong innovation management staged approach to growth with rigorous appropriate research; and focusing on getting the right partnerships in place.
2. Purpose of the consultancy
War Child is developing content for a maths game targeted at out of school children in several countries in the Middle East and North Africa. War Child is looking for an experienced video production company to produce and edit videos used in the Uganda maths game.
The candidate will produce around 110 short instructional videos. The videos will support children in learning Mathematical concepts such as numbers, fractions, proportions and geometry.
See rfp_video_production_cwtl_final_.pdf for the detailed description of the consultancy.
3. Contractual Terms:
• Type of Contract: Consultancy Agreement
• Start date: 19th of February 2018
• Deadline: 30th of March 2018
To submit an application, please include:
• Proof of professional establishment, i.e. company registration
• A detailed production timeline
• A brief (no more than three pages) application noting in particular alternative creative responses to the scenario details outlined in point 4, including proposals for inside and outside locations and settings, availability of the needed equipment and studio.
• A showreel or link to easily accessible online work samples.
• CV for Consultant and associated team members (if team focused application)
• Fees of the Services: All price quotations from all candidates are welcomed. We are expecting candidates will quote for daily rate rather than hourly rate.
• Three references of clients/employers worked for.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their application (including all required documents as listed above) to the following email addresses quoting the title “Video Production proposal – Uganda” by 11th of February 2018: Tenders.CWtL@warchild.nl
Quotations will be evaluated on the following basis:
1. Compliance and understanding of the terms and conditions in this RfP
2. Technical and artistic quality of the videos submitted
3. Studio and equipment availability
4. Price and value for money
5. Time effectiveness, in term of the time taken to mobilize, produce and complete post- production operations
6. Reference checks related to some of the above evaluation points
Applicants can also apply for the “Audio production” vacancy available for the same project in one application.
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.