Request for Proposals: Audio Recordings
War Child Holland invests in a peaceful future for children affected by armed conflict. Our mission is to help war children to change the future.
1. About Can’t Wait to Learn
Can’t Wait to Learn (CWtL) proposes new cost-effective solutions to the urgent challenges facing education for children in emergencies. By utilising innovative technological solutions with a focus on serious gaming, CWtL builds on concepts which have been successfully piloted in Sudan.
Can’t Wait to Learn has the potential to provide out-of-school children with access to education opportunities, especially in rural areas where no formal schools exist. The programme uses education technology as part of a model of education which is offering certified curriculum level content through applied gaming and personalised pupil engagement. The programme uses a range of innovative, results focused approaches: combining context specific applied gaming and community-based facilitation instead of waiting for formal schools to be built; a strong innovation management staged approach to growth with rigorous appropriate research; and focusing on getting the right partnerships in place.
2. Purpose of the consultancy
War Child is developing content for a maths game targeted at children in several countries in the Middle East and North Africa. War Child is looking for an experienced sound production company to produce and edit audio recordings used in the Uganda maths game.
The company will provide support to a multi-disciplinary team by facilitating audio recordings for the CWTL maths game. This will be undertaken by organizing studio location, voice-over talent (see appendix for specifications) as well as editing and naming of the audio files.
See rfp_audio_recordings_cwtl_final.pdf and annex1_to_audio_recordings_voiceover_specialist_cwtl_final.pdf for the detailed description of the consultancy.
3. Production Timeline
Starting date: 19th February
Deadline 1: 23rd February
Available for one or more extra sessions until end of April: Dates of recordings to be communicated at later stage.
To submit an application, please include:
• CV for consultant and associated team members (if team focused application)
• CV of the voice-over specialist including an audio audition of 30 second for the voice
• Fees of the Services: All price quotations from all candidates are welcomed. We are expecting candidates will quote for daily rate rather than hourly rate, including (if applicable) hiring of equipment and studio
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their application to the following email addresses quoting the title “Audio recordings – Uganda” by 11th February 2018: Tenders.CWtL@warchild.nl
Quotations will be evaluated on the following basis:
1. Compliance and understanding of the terms and conditions in this RfP
2. Experience in producing and organizing audio recordings
3. Studio and equipment availability
4. Price and value for money
5. Time effectiveness, in term of the time taken to mobilize, produce and complete post- production operations
Applicants can also apply for the “Video production” vacancy available for the same project in one application.
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.