'Psychosocial Support Advisor' based in Nicosia, Cyprus
This is a national position based within the EU with national labour conditions. War Child Syria strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child Holland (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
Responsible for coordinating and mainstreaming the Psychosocial Support (PSS) program, building competencies and ensuring overall quality of PSS interventions.
• You will ensure PSS interventions are relevant to the context, aligned with national & international developments and are of high quality;
• You will build PSS competencies and partner staff through training & coaching;
• You will further ensure quality implementation of WCH psychosocial programs through continuous liaison, follow up & monitoring to support partners on the ground;
• You will be responsible for gathering relevant information to support programme development and ensure WCH methods & standards remain up to date;
• You will contextualize and adapt training and learning events in a blended learning format to fit the Syria remote support context, and roll out PSS standards, methods and tools;
• You'll contribute to the programme strategy, annual plan, proposals, reports and evaluations in relation to PSS and work with partners for potential interventions;
• Ensure that PSS programmes connect with other WCH areas of work and are aligned with other national & inter-agency PSS programmes, methods, tools, etc.
• Relevant academic background in Social Sciences / Psychology or other relevant diploma;
• Experience in Mental Health and/or PSS programming in an Non-Governmental Organization;
• Previous training and competency building experience;
• Coordination abilities and result orientated;
• Ability to facilitate (creative/interactive) trainings;
• Excellent communication skills; able to give and receive feedback;
• Cultural sensitivity with an affinity with children and young people;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Willing and able to travel regularly;
• Fluency in Arabic and English, both verbal and written communication skills.
• A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
• Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia, with some travel to neighboring countries.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 2 years with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: As soon as possible!
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and a short cover letter as soon as possible. Please upload your CV and cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: http://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Details/105779
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.