Project Officer Sri Lanka 03 Positions in Kilinochchi, Mullaitivu & Jaffna districts
This is a national position with national labour conditions. War Child Holland strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Holland’s Programme in Sri Lanka
War Child Holland has been working in Sri Lanka since 2010. The programme has been focused on the consequences of conflict and its purpose is to ensure that children, youth, communities and government promote awareness on child rights and child participation, protect children from abuse, exploitation and all forms of violation of their rights. War Child Holland in Sri Lanka has its country office in Colombo and field offices in Killinochchi, Oddusuddan and Jaffna.
- The Project Officer implements projects in the respective sub counties. This involves planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on all projects activities in order to achieve the set goals and objectives under the War Child Holland (WCH) project effectively and efficiently. The role also includes representation at the parish and sub county level.
Objectives of the job
- Responsible for the appropriate planning, implementation and monitoring of WCH activities within the decided framework /project plan in the parishes assigned;
- Ensure submission of timely internal reports to Project Coordinator.
- Creates and maintains good working relationship with stakeholders (Local Government, partner, service providers, consultants etc.) at the sub county and parish level.
- Project implementation which include monthly and quarterly work plans;
- Carry out collection of data and needs assessment;
- Collect information for documentation and lessons learnt;
- Conduct creative sessions with community volunteers and trainees and parents/care givers;
- Implement monitoring tools timely;
- Participate in project review meetings (internal and/or with partner);
- Closely monitor the work of partner and offer guidance on effective way of conducting activities (literacy and numeracy, village savings and loans, vocational skills training and horticulture and agronomy);
- Support the process of linking WCH to other potential institutions to ensure continuity as WCH exit.
Ensures submission of timely internal reports to Project Coordinator
- Submit activity reports (including all corresponding attachments) and monthly reports on activity progress, relating to project outputs and outcomes, as is defined in the annual plan.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of the project.
Create and maintain good working relationship with stakeholders.
- Liaise with government institutions and development partners in the sub-counties and parishes;
- Participate in coordination meetings with other agencies and government stakeholders on WCH projects;
- Work closely together with other WCH staff and liaise with project staff at other locations for exchange and mutual learning;
- Any other that duties assigned by PM in line with these terms of reference and the fulfilment of the tasks.
Skills / Competencies
- Experience with and/or good understanding of child protection, education, psychosocial programs;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to speak local languages (Tamil and Sinhala);
- Ability to engage with local leadership;
- Good planning and implementation ability;
- Good understanding of broader development themes such as Protection, Gender, Child rights, livelihoods and Human rights;
- Strong social and communication skills for coaching and mentoring; and for liaising with external stakeholders;
- Strengths in decision-making skills (in tactical project issues);
• Preferably graduates in related subjects or non graduates: Working experiences with A/L passes
• Age : 18+
• Other qualifications which prove the knowledge and skills
• A challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands
• War Child beliefs in long-term relationship with staff with regard to career planning and multi-country/programme experience
Job Location: Jaffna district (01-position)
Kilinochchi district (01-position) and
Jaffna (01 position)
Contract: At least 3 years in this position, starting with a 6 months of probationary period, and, 1 year contract with the intention to prolong
Starting date: At your earliest in May 2018
Your team: The Project Officer reports to the Project Coordinator, and collaborates with the Operation Support manager on financial and admin aspects.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a CV and a letter of motivation as soon as possible. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink:http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/101213
Kindly mention where you found this vacancy. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.