Project Coordinators based in Nicosia, Cyprus
These are national positions based within the EU with national labour conditions. War Child Syria strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child Holland (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
Planning & monitoring
You will regularly communicate with partners and the WCH team to ensure project activities are implemented as per plan. You will follow up on project actions and support implementation through organising events & meetings etc. Monitor project activities, outputs and results through regular collection and compilation of reports identifying problematic issues and working cooperatively to find solutions.
Representation & Networking
You will ensure donor reports are submitted timely & requests are followed up and all internal compliance is adhered to. Responsible for support documents and assisting the project management team you will also coordinate, communicate with & coach partners.
Finance & Logistics
You will monitor budgets in cooperation with Finance team to ensure proper expenditure of each budget line and follow up with partners on monthly expenditures and budget deviations.
You will assess partner capacity in cooperation with other WCH teams and compile assessment reports. You willprovide regular coaching to local partners’ staff and communicate on security issues affecting the programme. Contribute to programme development you'll be involved with new project preparation, strategy development and internal reporting.
• Experience in conflict/post-conflict complex settings;
• Demonstrated skills in operations, finance, security, grants and projects management (at appropriate level for field management with guidance);
• A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar relevant position, eg: with an International Governmental Organization;
• Knowledge of project development and implementation in an international/humanitarian context;
• Strong problem solving and social skills;
• Motivation to work closely and hands on with local staff;
• Affinity with War Child’s mandate;
• Relevant academic background;
• Fluent in English and Arabic (oral and written).
• A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
• Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia, with some travel to neighboring countries.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 2 years with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: As soon as possible!
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and a short cover letter as soon as possible. Please upload your CV and cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: http://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Details/105697
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.