Project Coordinator Sri Lanka (Northern Province)
This is a national position with national labour conditions. War Child Holland strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Holland’s Programme in Sri Lanka
War Child Holland has been working in Sri Lanka since 2010. The programme has been focused on the consequences of conflict and its purpose is to ensure that children, youth, communities and government promote awareness on child rights and child participation, protect children from abuse, exploitation and all forms of violation of their rights. War Child Holland in Sri Lanka has its country office in Colombo and field offices in Killinochchi and Oddusuddan.
• Realization of War Child’s country programme at your field location in Northern province, management of the projects in Killinochchi, Jaffna and Mullaitivu.
• Set up, work, facilitate and improve structures and systems that contribute for the better realization of the country strategy which align with the National Action Plan of the Children.
Staff: capacity-building & security
• Security and wellbeing of staff in a demanding context in the country and difficult accessibility of the field locations.
• Train and support staff in executing their jobs, in perspective of capacity building.
Finance & Logistics
• Managing daily processes, ensure financial control (cash flow, local payments).
• Follow and apply procedures and instructions, balancing control and programme-implementation.
• Prepares budget and financial reports.
Representation & Networking
• Coordination and Representation: local government, donor, stakeholders and other International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGO’s) and United Nations agencies relations in the location.
• Experience in conflict/post-conflict complex settings;
• Demonstrated skills in operations, finance, security, grants and projects management (at appropriate level for field management with guidance);
• A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a relevant position, e.g. with an INGO;
• Knowledge of project development and implementation in an international/humanitarian context;
• Strong problem solving and social skills;
• Motivation to work closely and hands on with local staff;
• Proven affinity with War Child’s mandate;
• Relevant academic background.
• A challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands
• War Child beliefs in long-term relationship with staff with regard to career planning and multi-country/programme experience
Job Location: Northern Province
Contract: At least 3 years in this position, starting with a 6 months of probationary period, and, 1 year contract with the intention to prolong
Starting date: At your earliest in May
Your team: The Project Coordinator reports to the Programme Manager, and collaborates with the Operation Support manager on financial and admin aspects. The project coordinator manages the project staff at the field location.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a CV and a letter of motivation as soon as possible. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/101204
Kindly mention where you found this vacancy. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.