'Programme Development Manager' based in Nicosia, Cyprus
This is a national position based within the EU with local labour conditions. War Child Syria strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child Holland (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
You will be responsible for programme management leading the development of new programs in Education, Protection and Psychosocial Support. You'll provide technical assistance to programs and are responsible for quality assurance & compliance.
Resource mobilization and project proposal development
You will develop and support institutional fundraising strategies, provide oversight in the management and development of key in-country donor relationships and overall donor development strategies.
Human resource management
You will manage the programme department staff, as a member of the Country Management Team you will report to the Country Director.
Advocacy & networking
You will develop and maintain relationships with NGO network bodies, cluster groups or consortia of which War Child is a member, including participation in fundraising and representation activities.
• Relevant academic degree (Psychology, Pedagogy, Community Development, Social Work or equivalent);
• Minimum 3 years management experience of development programs with leadership responsibilities;
• Experience with community based programmes with an (International) Non-Governmental Organization in post conflict context;
• Experience with training and capacity building of senior and junior staff;
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation methodologies, tools and systems (participatory methodologies);
• Knowledge of psychosocial programmes for children within the development sector;
• A successful track record in initiating, cultivating and securing support from a range of institutional and government donor agencies;
• Strong diplomacy skills; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment;
• Affinity with War Child’s mandate;
• Excellent English writing ability and verbal skills for project proposals, reports and communications; Arab and/or Dutch language skills are preferred.
• A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
• Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia, with some travel to neighboring countries.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 2 years with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: As soon as possible!
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and a short cover letter as soon as possible. Please upload your CV and cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: https://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Details/105696
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.