'Monitoring & Evaluation Co-ordinator/Officer' based in Nicosia, Cyprus
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
Responsible for ensuring the monitoring & evaluation (M&E) systems to meet the needs of programs, donors, implementers and beneficiaries. You will actively contribute to and improve on WCH M&E practices by introducing, developing, maintaining systems and tools.
• Leading the systematic collection of data to ensure the effective use of M&E information and reports you will drive the development of M&E plans and support M&E aspects of projects.
• You will ensure the M&E components are implemented through guiding and building the competency of WCH staff and partners.
• You will provide advice on necessary project adjustments during implementation and post-implementation.
• You will guide program teams in the use of Management Information Systems (MIS) to support data collection, analysis and reporting needs and develop / streamline reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition, aggregation and flow of information in and between projects.
• You'll identify and address shortfalls in M&E & information management and execution in collaboration with R,M&E.
• Support and coordinate between offices and programs in all aspects of country-relevant M&E and participate in M&E / information management-related working groups to maintain close working relationships with relevant counterparts.
• Relevant academic background (eg: development, research, social science, statistics)
• Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative M&E systems and tools.
• Minimum 3 years of active M&E experience in social development programming required.
• Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes and meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality.
• Experience conducting interviews and focus group discussions with vulnerable persons as well as a variety of stakeholders.
• Experience in data analysis and assessments.
• Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SPSS, Access, SQL, and any other statistical packages.
• Critical thinking and strong analytical skills able to quickly identify needs / gaps and work towards solutions.
• Excellent coordination, team work skills and flexibility.
• Strong research and writing skills with the ability to produce high quality reports.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• Fluency in Arabic and English, both verbal and written communication skills.
• A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
• Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 2 years with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: As soon as possible!
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and a short cover letter as soon as possible. Please upload your CV and cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: http://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Details/105780
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.