Middle East Regional Education Advisor
As the Middle East Regional Education Advisor you are responsible for strengthening educational competencies and capacity in the War Child Holland (WCH) Middle East countries. This includes a focus on War Child’s core intervention programming, through technical support, contributing to the development of regional and country strategies and programs competency building (structured learning, coaching), and surge capacity for emergencies. You will be responsible for ensuring quality and evidence-based programming, in line with War Child’s care system and international and global standards.
Position in the organisation
As the Regional Education Advisor you report directly to the Regional Representative for the Middle East. You collaborate closely with the Regional Psychosocial Support Advisor and Child Protection Advisor and with in-country education senior staff. Next to this you have an active role in the War Child global education team.
- At least 4 years of field experience in humanitarian or development work;
- Higher Education in Social Sciences, International Development or related fields;
- Extensive experience, progressively responsible, working on education programming in the Middle East;
- Knowledge of and experience in Education in emergencies programmes;
- Knowledge of and experience in the Syria response and relative coordination structures;
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and established international standards on Education for children in humanitarian settings;
- Experience of preparing concept notes for fundraising;
- Excellent understanding of M&E processes and methodologies relevant for Education;
- Extensive experience of competency and capacity development, including facilitating learning, coaching and supporting learning across multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and preferably Arabic;
- Excellent relation building skills, diplomatic skills and capacity in building and maintaining networks;
- Strategic thinking and ability to think out of the box in a challenging and ever changing context;
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented and determined;
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Willing and able to travel in various countries in the Middle East up 50% of the time.
- Available at short notice for deployment at the onset of any humanitarian crisis to support Education and other needs.
WCH has been working in the Middle East since 2008 on psychosocial support, child protection and education programmes for vulnerable children. WCH is currently working in Lebanon and oPt, this position will be based in one of the two Country Offices or in Jordan. Frequent travel within the region is essential.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 5th of August 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/82438
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.