Managing Director War Child Sweden
Are a natural leader. Tactful. With an eye for opportunities and not afraid to go off the beaten track. As Managing Director of War Child Sweden, you are the motivating strategic compass for your team. You have the quality to recognize and stimulate professional potential, and the ability to merge that potential into a powerful and coherent success-driven entity. With strong organizational skills, you are able to nourish the flexible and dynamic nature of the organization and ensure that - together with the Board of Directors – War Child Sweden becomes a strong, successful and solid partner in the War Child network.
Besides strong communications- and (re-)presentation skills, you are a well-respected ‘member’ in the Swedish international development sector. You have particularly well developed skills in grants development with institutional donors and engaging corporate partners and foundations in development work. It would be a plus if you also have experience or a keen interest in the development of propositions to engage private donors in individual fund raising and increase War Child Sweden’s unrestricted funding base.
You have proven yourself as a senior manager in a fund raising environment and you are now ready for a new step. You are very motivated to make a difference in the lives of war-affected children and together with your team ready to make War Child Sweden into the “go-to organization” for expertise and implementation of programs for children affected by conflict.
You will be part of the War Child Extended Management Team and participate directly in decisions affecting our international organization and program portfolio. You will report directly to the Chair of the Board of War Child Sweden. (Until War Child Sweden becomes an independent entity, the role of the chair is held by the CEO of War Child Holland, which is funding the startup of War child in Sweden).
You ensure the continuation of building a solid reputation for War Child in Sweden, aiming to create a sustainable base of unrestricted as well as restricted funding in order to realize the objectives set in the War Child Global Strategy. You do this with a small but agile and extremely motivated team that can count on support from colleagues of Amsterdam office of War Child as well as in our program countries. The team can and will grow as our income grows over the years. Part of the team is also dedicated to programs in Sweden addressing the needs of children and youth affected by conflict that have arrived in Sweden.
Among partners that already support the work of War Child Sweden are CATCH, IKEA, H&M Foundation, PKL and SCANIA. In our national programs in Sweden we work closely together with Södertälje kommun and Friskis & Svettis Södertälje. Building a network of support in Sweden is crucial to success. Once partners are on board, we strive to engage our network to the max, and extend it, because we believe that only together we can make a real change in the lives of war-affected children.
In the role of Managing Director, you carry responsibility for:
* Developing and implementing the War Child Sweden strategy with a 3 year perspective
* Building, developing and managing the team that will deliver on the strategy
* Ensuring solid processes in budgeting and financial reporting
* Liaising with the team in War Child Holland and the War Child Program Countries
* Being the key spokesperson for the organization in Sweden and participating actively in the Swedish debate on foreign relations and issues affecting children in war affected countries
* Developing innovative proposals for program and grants development
* Initiating business projects with the intention to engage corporate partners in sustainable way in our programs.
* Relevant university degree
* Min. of 10 years’ experience in a senior management position
* Fluent in Swedish and English
* Experience in managing multifunctional teams in a fast paced environment
* Solid experience in the development or fund raising sector
* Proven track record in acquiring private and corporate clients, donors and/or funds.
* Result oriented and target driven.
* Ability to motivate, guide and develop your team
* People’s manager with a positive mindset
* Strong social, communicative and diplomatic skills. Excellent public speaking skills.
* Decisive, pro-active and creative
* Flexible and able to attend events in the evenings and weekends and to travel a couple of times a year
* Willing to invest at least 3 years in supporting War Child helping war-affected children worldwide.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our global network, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and responsibility. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovation, integrity and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in the centre of Stockholm.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 8 October 2018.
First round of interviews are scheduled for Wednesday October 17th.
In person or by skype, pending availability.
Please apply to the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/111490
For more information: Emilia.Molin@warchild.se
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject will be addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.