You have a strong drive for branding and you are passionate about communications in any way, shape or form. A people manager and strategic compass for the team. You like to get things done together with your team. It gives you energy. You have a proven track record in branding and operationalizing strategy with a team of experts. You are the gatekeeper of War Child Holland’s reputation and international positioning which is a precondition for growth and organizational success: helping more war-affected children worldwide. You will be working with a team of ten communications professionals and several interns.
• Safeguard the use of the War Child brand. Operationalize our branding in different plans, campaigns and communication channels;
• Execute the Annual Plan of Communications and Design together with the team;
• Operationalize Marketing, Communication & Fundraising (MCF) strategy and draft proposals for efficient implementation with clear processes and policies in place;
• Drive and support team with development of communication plans for corporate (national and international) and country communications and ensure/steer on budget and capacity for implementation;
• Responsible, together with the Media & Press Officer, for the way War Child ambassadors communicate and are positioned;
• Monitor budget and report deviations;
• Monitor implementation of planned communication activities, signal shortages, take action for improvement
• Advice management and employees, on demand or without demand, on internal or external communication issues and on crisis situations;
• Ensure proper quantitative and qualitative staffing within the team in order to achieve the determined objectives with a focus on efficiency and agile working;
• Responsible for the execution of the established personnel policies and conducts performance appraisals with the employees involved;
• Being a sparring partner to the coms team as well as the other managers of the Marketing, Communication & Fundraising Department.
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar position within an international organization;
• Knowledge and experience in the field of leadership/management and the implementation of strategy;
• Experience within an international non-governmental organization is an advantage;
• You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (verbal and written).
• Strong critical analysis and strategic thinking skills;
• Planning and organisational skills;
• Project management, result driven and strong advisory skills;
• Knowledge of agile way-of-working is an advantage;
• Degree in Communication (minimum BSc level);
• Available on short notice for 32-40 hours per week;
• Creative mind and of course a good sense of humor!
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. War Child aims to help as many war-affected children as possible. Therefore War Child has a low cost policy in place resulting in salaries below market standard.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/77313
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.