You are interested in working in an international organization and are eager to learn. You are enthusiastic and result driven. You have great analytical skills and the ability to conduct comprehensive legal research on a range of issues; proficiency in legal writing and ability to prepare legal briefs and memos.
As an intern, you support the legal officer on a wide range of legal issues. The legal officer is part of the Finance and Operations Support department and responsible for all corporate legal issues at War Child. You will work under the guidance and supervision of the legal officer.
- Assist the legal officer in the management of contracts, policy documents and corporate documentation;
- Assist the legal officer in providing internal (head office and international offices) legal advice in the review and revision of contracts;
- Assist in providing support and providing legal answers on day-to-day issues with regard to a variety of legal subjects;
- Perform various administrative and supporting activities (e.g. file, legalize, print, scan, copy and archive legal documents/contacts).
- HBO or academic Masters student, preferably in private law, with a specialization in corporate or contractual law;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch and English. French and/or Spanish are a plus;
- Quick learner;
- Open to a multi-cultural work environment;
- Affinity with War Child’s work.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging assignment in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/81207.
This internship is for a period of minimum 5-6 months for 4 days per week, as of the 1st of September 2017. As per War Child Intern Policy, fee will be €200 gross per month (based on 5 days).
Please note that an intern at War Child need to be a registered student at a Dutch educational institution. Kindly mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.