As the Legal Advisor you provide legal advice to all departments of War Child up to management level. In this position you draft, review and negotiate contracts and you monitor relevant legislation and legal developments. You aim to minimize legal and reputational risks. You provide legal advice efficiently, professionally, accurately, timely and cost-effectively. You ensure that a flex pool of external advisors paid or pro bono is available to address a variety of ad hoc legal requests. Internal clients are satisfied with the service provided.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts;
- Providing general legal support and advice to all departments and countries;
- Management of contracts, internal policies and corporate documents;
- Keeping corporate registers (Contract register, Global Claims & litigations register, Conflict of interest register etc.) up to date;
- Monitoring developments and best practices in the NGO sector in order to improve War Child’s system of governance and internal policies;
- Contributing to corporate projects, such as the development of a shared programmes platform with War Child UK;
- Instructing external paid or pro bono legal advisors/specialists when necessary.
You are part of the Finance & Operations Support department and you report to the Director Finance & Operations Support. You liaise with departmental managers and colleagues with legal or contractual requests. Occasionally information is requested by or from managers in the War Child programme countries.
- University (WO) master’s law degree in Dutch Private law;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in a legal support role;
- Experience in providing legal advice is a plus;
- Solid understanding of contract law, corporate law, systems of governance, internal processes, procedures and policies, preferably within a non-governmental organization:
- Detailed oriented problem solver with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisation skills:
- Fluent in English and Dutch. French and/or Arabic are an asset;
- You fully support War Child’s mandate and mission:
- You are available for at least 32 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 21 of June 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/82434
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.