IT Support Officer Can’t Wait to Learn
Can’t Wait to Learn (CWtL) proposes new (cost-) effective solutions to the urgent challenges facing education for children in emergencies. By utilising innovative technological solutions with a focus on serious gaming, CWtL builds on concepts which have been successfully piloted in Sudan (e-Learning Sudan) has ambitions to increase the number of children with access to quality education in mathematics in areas affected by conflict in Africa and the Middle East. In addition, reading and psychosocial well-being –focused materials have been introduced to the CWtL. CWtL has started rollout in Lebanon, Jordan and Sudan, and rollout in Uganda will follow shortly. By the end of 2018 it is estimated that up to 50.000 tablets can be in used in 4 different countries. As a consequence there is a growing need for deployment of and support on the software and devices that are used within the programme. We are therefore looking for a part time IT Support Officer. Further information about CWtL can be found at: www.warchildholland.org/cant-wait-to-learn
Coordinating software distribution and versioning;
• Coordinating software distribution and versioning;
• Coordination and monitoring of software installation and updates;
• Conduct tests on software installation and distribution;
• Monitor and report on tablet fleet;
• Documentation and versioning of software, documentation and (hardware) specifications.
Providing technological support
• Providing first-line support for field staff, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
• Setting up the helpdesk ticket system and knowledge base;
• Working with technology suppliers to maintaining and improving monitoring tools;
• Handle and respond to support requests within agreed timelines;
• Diagnose and solve issues or escalate to development team;
• Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or remote;
• Administration of technical documentation, scripts and software versions in documentation system (e.g. Sharepoint).
• Hands on knowledge of and a minimum of 3 years of experience with providing quality support in technology programs;
• Proven ability to solve problems and leverage appropriate resources to produce desired outcomes;
• Experience with supporting (Android) mobile devices and/or software development (Python, C#, Java) is considered a strong plus;
• Strong teamwork, accuracy and intercultural communication skills;
• Ability to produce quality outputs within agreed timelines;
• Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written;
• Knowledge of NGO and/or development sector is preferred;
• Preferably based in The Netherlands;
• Available on short notice for 16 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 6th of July 2018 Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and Motivation letter by using the following hyperlink: https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/vacancy/details/104495
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
•Only applications received via our website will be processed.
•If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
•It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.