Intern Travel Desk
4-5 days per week for a period of 6 months (start September 2018)
You will support the Travel Officer to ensure that all arrangements (travel, visa, accommodation, etc.) for Head Office and Field staff are taken care of. As the Intern Travel Desk you will be supervised by the Travel Officer who is part of the Finance & Operations Support Team.
You are flexible and you have excellent planning and organizational skills. You are interested in working for an international non-governmental organization (iNGO).
• Support the Travel Officer to manage the day-to-day travel requests and ensure that all travel is arranged in time, with all the required approvals in place, in line with the work processes.
• Assist with the work related to travelling of staff both to and from HO and field is well arranged in time.
• Contribute to maintain good relationships with the travel agency, hotels and possible new parties in order to maintain or find good quality for price arrangements.
• Assist the HR department in the travel arrangement of applicants coming to HO and to make sure that field colleagues who visit HO are well assisted.
• Support and facilitate the logistics and organisation of international meetings.
• Interested to work in the development sector;
• Relevant background and education (MBO+, preferably travel-related);
• Available for 32 – 40 hours per week, divided over 5 days;
• Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English;
• Excellent planning & organizational skills;
• Ability to work and communicate with people from various backgrounds;
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
We are looking for an Intern Travel Desk who will join Finance & Operations Support Team, from September 2018 for a period of at least 5/6 months, 4-5 days per week. If you become an intern with us, you can count on an interesting internship where you will have the opportunity to learn a lot. Of course you will get guidance, but also freedom to work out your ideas.
You will receive an internship allowance of € 200, - gross per month, based on 40 hours per week.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/99017
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
•Only applications received via our website will be processed.
•If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
•It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.