Intern for Research and Development Team
The Research and Development intern will undertake a variety of activities to support the ongoing development and research work of the department. Please note this role will be based in Amsterdam with no overseas travel. Activities may include but are not limited to;
• Supporting literature reviews including desk, scoping and systematic reviews
• Giving support to data management and development of data collection tools and methods
• Supporting the facilitation of workshops for example prioritisations activities, data collection etc.
• Writing of protocols, guidelines and other relevant documents
• General support activities for the ongoing work of the department.
Required Skills and Experience
• Education in International Relations, Social Sciences, International Development, International Business or other relevant field;
• Demonstrable knowledge of NGO and/or development sector, preferably through prior work/volunteer experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting research
• Able to analyse, structure and work with research data
• Good communicative skills;
• Good sense of priorities and time management;
• Good command of English-language, both spoken and written;
• Self-motivated independent worker with the ability to follow direction and effectively learn;
• Good team working skills.
The Intern will have an overall reporting and supervision line to Mark Jordans the Director of R&D. However regular contact and supervision will also be maintained with other members of the R&D team dependant on the activities being undertaken.
The Organisation and Conditions
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
This internship is for a period of 9 months for 4 days per week, as of February 2018. As per War Child Intern Policy, fee will be €200 gross per month (based on 5 days).
You must already be based in The Netherlands.
Please note that an intern at War Child needs to be a registered student at a Dutch educational institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by using the following hyperlink:
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.