HR BUSINESS PARTNER
At War Child we know that our people make the difference. Empowering our staff means they can do their best to empower children affected by war in the countries where it is needed the most. As HR Business Partner you focus on the War Child NL country offices (in South Sudan, Burundi, Congo, Colombia, Lebanon, etc.) where you play a key role in realizing our ambition to provide the best Human Resources Management (HRM) in the heart of our most critical work.
* Work on realization and boosting of internal mobility of War Child staff, (expatriate and national staff in project countries) ensuring our best talent is retained and can progress and develop into new roles
* Support Country Offices management in strengthening and excelling the HRM processes
* Advice and assist in policy making and implementation (recruitment, staff retention, ethics, reward management, appraisal and feedback cycles, learning and training, etc.)
* Further develop and implement our HR Manual – War Child’s guideline for good and solid HRM for national staff. Audit the implementation of the HR Manual for the purposes of learning and development
* Advise and guide our expatriate staff (about 20) in their career planning, provide staff care and assist in resolving individual matters (with support from the HR office in Amsterdam). In case of conflicts take on a mediating role.
In this role you report to the Director HR and Organizational Development with an operational line to the Director of International Programmes.
* University degree in the areas of HRM, Management, Business Administration.
* Min. 5 years of work experience as a HR Business partner in an international context (preferably in the humanitarian sector) and experience working abroad
* Ideally, a track record in an International NGO
* Ability to implement and adapt policies to different contexts;
* Empathic, team player and self-starter
* Approachable with keen interest in people from different backgrounds and sensitive to organizational dynamics;
* Excellent command of English and at least one other language (French, Spanish and Dutch)
* Flexible and willing to travel to war affected countries, with a possibility of prolonged stay.
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to upload their English CV (maximum of two pages) and fill in our online questionnaire by using the following hyperlink before the 7th of October 2018: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/110436
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
Disclaimer •Only applications received via our website will be processed. •If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed. •It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.