Gender Specialist (based in Stockholm)
As the Gender Specialist you implement the gender mainstreaming strategy and work on standard setting, design, operationalization and monitoring of interventions and programmes. Also you contribute to the sector knowledge and practice exchange and ensure gender related competency development and learning in War Child. You provide technical support to the organization, including Country Offices, Home Office (NL, Sweden) and/or War Child affiliates, in the Gender content area. Additionally, you support Managing Director of War Child Sweden in fundraising for Gender initiatives (20%).
You are based in Stockholm and a member of the Programme Quality Team. You report to the Programme Quality Manager in Amsterdam.
• Lead and support Gender programming and standard setting
• Coordinate operationalization of gender mainstreaming strategy and Gender quality framework and support its application by countries/HO departments
• Technical Quality assurance, incl. implementation of Gender mainstreaming strategy and support Gender sensitivity of the Care system
• Support the induction of War Child staff in Gender and ensure the essential technical learning elements are part of the organization’s learning map
• Representation of War Child Holland and horizontal collaboration with War Child teams, colleagues and global networks and bodies
• Support War Child Sweden team in identifying and developing potential partnership opportunities related to gender;
• Contribute to the design, planning, coordination and execution of events (workshops, seminars, consultation meetings, etc.) to engage relevant current and/or potential partners and donors.
• Relevant academic degree
• At least 5 years’ experience in gender analysis and programming with at least 3 years of field experience in a (post) conflict setting
• Substantial experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of gender programmes
• Experience in developing, methods, tools, programs/interventions/learning paths
• Strong advisory skills, understanding of (learning/capacity strengthening) needs
• Good facilitation skills and intercultural sensitivity with excellent communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge and understanding of children’s rights
• Fluent English and preferably good working knowledge of Spanish, French or Arabic
• Flexible and willing to travel
• Available 40 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 14th of October 2018. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/110585
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
•Only applications received via our website will be processed.
•If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
•It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.