French Language Educational Specialist
About Can’t Wait to Learn
Can’t Wait to Learn (CWtL) proposes new cost-effective solutions to the urgent challenges facing education for children in emergencies. By utilising innovative technological solutions with a focus on serious gaming, CWtL builds on concepts which have been successfully piloted in Sudan.
Can’t Wait to Learnhas the potential to provide out-of-school children with access to education opportunities, especially in rural areas where no formal schools exist. The programme uses education technology as part of a model of education which is offering certified curriculum level content through applied gaming and personalised pupil engagement. The programme uses a range of innovative, results focused approaches: combining context specific applied gaming and community-based facilitation instead of waiting for formal schools to be built; a strong innovation management staged approach to growth with rigorous appropriate research; and focusing on getting the right partnerships in place.
Purpose of the job
War Child is developing content for educational games targeted at children in several countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The games constitute both literacy and math for the grades 1-3 and 1-6 respectively.
The candidate will manage the content production and advise a multi-disciplinary team working on the development of the games. S/he manages the technical production of the content with regards to language and educative components while adapting syllabi for lessons in line with curricula of the Ministries of Education in the project countries. The educational specialist works on a part time basis.
Position within the programme
The French Language Educational Specialist will report directly to the Content Coordinator. The Educational Specialist works closely with the game development team in the Netherlands, the content producers as well as the country teams.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support TNO and WCH in the production of the unique curriculum for the game in line with the curriculum of the Ministry of Education in the target country
- Demonstrate leadership and critical thinking while producing the content of the literacy and math games for multiple French-speaking contexts
- Contribute to reviewing and improving already produced content in the current running games
- Lead the content production with regards to the technical educational and language components
- Review cultural appropriateness of game content according to target country and advise the team accordingly
- Support with meeting deadlines by ensuring good coordination of content producers
Required skills and experience
- University degree in primary school teaching
- Background in teaching children French at a primary level
- Experience in developing educational content such as books, sentences and stories
- Experience in developing curriculum for primary and secondary school level
- Good visual presentation skills and understanding of how to communicate maths and literacy concepts visually to children
- Experience in coordinating small teams
- Ability to work towards objectives and meet tight deadlines with an eye for detail
- Native French speaker and English proficiency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Very strong teamwork and communication skills including presentation preparation and delivery
Up to 25-30 hours per week. It is a requirement that the candidate is eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Number of days: Up to 6 months with the potential to extend based on additional needs.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/84704
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.