About Can’t Wait to Learn
Can’t Wait to Learn (CWtL) proposes new (cost-) effective solutions to the urgent challenges facing education for children in emergencies. By utilising innovative technological solutions with a focus on serious gaming, CWtL builds on concepts which have been successfully piloted in Sudan (e-Learning Sudan) has ambitions to increase the number of children with access to quality education in mathematics in areas affected by conflict in Africa and the Middle East. In addition, reading and psychosocial well-being –focused materials have been introduced to the CWtL.
Developing fresh, interactive materials based on the national curricula, and creating effective partnership structures to distribute these, creates new opportunities for making education accessible to those children who have been excluded from education. Thus, increasing children’s resilience and thereby, preparing them for a positive future. Further information can be found at: www.warchildholland.org/cant-wait-to-learn
The CWTL project has started rollout in Lebanon, Jordan, Sudan, and Uganda.
Purpose of the consultancy
War Child’s Can’t Wait to Learn is developing a video in 6 parts illustrating the various aspects which make the programme unique. The six parts will all have different content, but also different treatment, and we are aiming at using them separately or combined into one video. Can’t Wait to Learn is currently scripting all six parts. The full video to be produced and finished as soon as possible and in any case before the end of 2018. The video(s) will be primarily used for visibility and fundraising purposes.
Each of these videos should be between 1 to 2 minutes long maximum, and the full length video cannot be longer than 8 minutes (due to third party restrictions). The full briefing for this assignment can be read in these Terms of Reference
Required skills and experience
* 5 years of professional experience with a proven professional record in working in the field of filmmaking and communication; experience in working with children organisations is an asset.
* Fluency (written and spoken) in English, Arabic is an asset
* Demonstrated experience in producing complex video projects for funding purpose
* Demonstrated experience in designing and animating powerful infographics to illustrate complex concepts and ideas
* Experience working in a multicultural and multi-lingual team
* Reliability to meet deadlines by demonstrating flexibility and proactivity
Your proposal to submit for this assignment should include:
* A brief application (No more than 3 pages) which includes your suggested work plan, indication of planning and equipment you aim to use.
* A detailed cost estimate for the assignment, both excluding and including VAT.
* References/links to easily accessible online work samples.
* A CV of each the member of the team
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Can’t Wait to Learn and War Child will follow standard internal procurement procedures for this assignment.
Is this not your dream assignment? Support War Child by sharing it with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.