eLearning support Volunteer
War Child Holland is on a journey towards becoming a Networked Expert Organisation. We want to make sure that every individual at War Child can make the greatest contribution possible. This will see us take steps to ensure War Child becomes a Learning Organisation. This process will intensify over the course of 2018 with the launch of an online learning platform for members of staff across the entire organisation - and those from partner organisations we work with. We are excited to scale our expert support to reach more children.
The learning platform will be hosted on the Kaya platform of the Humanitarian Leadership Academy. We are now starting the implementation of this brand new learning space. This role will be dedicated to supporting the Learning Manager and colleagues in the implementation of our new e-learning solutions.
• Basic technical and practical implementation of our new online learning portal (enrolment, testing, content curation);
• Hands-on support to staff in developing learning paths (development of basic manuals and learning modules, adding resources and activities);
• Supporting the use of DIY Studio/ video editing, developing user manual;
• Support with curation of existing learning materials from other providers to be integrated within the learning platform;
• You will also support the Programme Quality Team with communication activities such as compiling a newsletter, as they are moving towards a new strategy to improve the quality of our work.
We are looking for someone:
• Interested in volunteering in an international organization and a multi-cultural setting;
• Keen interest in learning and technology, specifically in the use of a learning management system and/or other technologies to support learning;
• Eager to learn and who enjoys supporting colleagues in transferring their learning paths/training to online and blended solutions;
• Who understands how technology is used to enhance the learning experience, and with basic technical skills relevant to learning technology development;
• It is an advantage if you have experience in using e-learning authoring tools and/or have a basic html/ programming background and/or have video editing experience.
• With a relevant background in education, pedagogy, social science, technology, programming, video editing or other related fields;
• Proficient English speaker and writer. French/Spanish/Arabic are a plus;
• Available at least 1 day per week, starting as soon as possible for 3-6 months (extension possible).
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
As a volunteer you will receive a commuting allowance (if applicable), you have lunch at the office free of charge and you are invited for trainings and events.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 29th of March 2018 Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/97856
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.