Communication Officer Can’t Wait To Learn
Professional and dedicated Communication Officer wanted for the Can’t Wait to Learn (CWTL) global programme Team. CWTL is an innovative educational programme, especially designed to provide conflict-affected children with quality education - no matter where they live. Children play curriculum-based educational games on tablets to learn in an effective and fun way. This programme is currently expanding to and scaling up in a number of countries in Africa and the Middle East. More info: www.warchildholland.org/cant-wait-to-learn
• Communications support to the Can’t Wait to Learn programme, including offline and online communication products targeting English, Arabic, French and Dutch-speaking audiences, including public and private sectors, and technical programme partners, and private and institutional donors;
• Advice the use of communication means in order to reach external target groups;
• Support brand building for Can’t Wait to Learn, contributing to enlarging the brand awareness and top of mind awareness;
• Responsible for the production of excellent worldwide communication means for Can’t Wait to Learn in consul
The Communications Officer is line managed by the Manager - Communications & Design team of the War Child Holland Marketing, Communications and Fundraising department with a functional reporting line to the Programme Director – Can’t Wait to Learn.
• Relevant HBO/academic background (Communication/Journalism/Editing);
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role;
• Knowledge of and proven skills and experience in development related communication;
• Excellent knowledge of communication developments and proven skills and experience in content development for all different on- and offline channels; both for short and longer copy;
• Strong ability to produce quality work outputs within agreed priorities and to deadlines;
• Superb written and visual presentation skills and understanding of how to communicate to multiple stakeholders including beneficiaries, institutional funding agencies, programme partners and the general public;
• Strong ability to express skillfully in written and oral Dutch and English, either Arabic or French is an advantage – for both internal and external communication;
• A good eye for photography, design and video. Experience with photo and video editing is a pre, as well as knowing well how to work with designers, (external) video-editors, filmmakers and photographers – and thus improving the results of their work.
• Very flexible and hands on mentality;
• Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities;
• Strong advisory skills, culturally sensitive and diplomatic;
• Very strong teamwork and communication skills including presentation preparation and delivery;
• Preferably immediately available for 20 – 30 hours per week;
• Contract for 6 months with the intentional to prolong depending on funding.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 2nd of April 2018 Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and fill in our online questionnaire by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/97833
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
•Only applications received via our website will be processed.
•If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
•It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.