Child Protection Specialist
As the Child Protection Specialist you are responsible for the Child Protection (CP) technical area of the Programme Strategy and Programme Quality Framework. This includes standard setting, operationalization and monitoring and rolling out of evidence-based methodologies/interventions developed by the Research & Development (R&D) department and/or Programme Quality Team. In addition, the position also entails competency development and learning, and contributing to the sector knowledge and practice exchange.
You will provide technical support to the organisation, including Country Offices (CO), Regional Hubs (RH), Head Office (HO) departments and/or War Child Holland affiliates, in the CP content area and you will create/maintain a technical team within the organisation. Frequent travelling to country offices of War Child Holland, its affiliates and elsewhere is required to fulfil the obligations of this role. The CP specialist can be based in Amsterdam, Stockholm or any other War Child location.
Design, Operationalization and Monitoring of Programme Quality Standards
• Lead and support standard setting in CP content area;
• Coordinate operationalization of programme strategy and programme quality framework and monitor the application/adherence to the programme strategy and programme quality framework;
• Support countries/HO departments to apply and adhere to programme strategy and programme quality framework.
Technical Quality Assurance
• Ensure implementation of CP sector strategy and roll out of the Care System in close collaboration with R&D, RH/COs and other PQ technical specialists;
• Facilitate strengthening of Supplementary Interventions;
• Provides effective technical support to RH/COs.
Competency Development and Learning
• Act as a promoter of Learning Organization and in collaboration with Learning Manager;
• Support the Learning Manager in ensuring that essential technical learning elements are selected and incorporated into the organization’s learning map;
• Develop learning content for CP;
• Facilitate/conduct/deliver relevant competency development initiatives for WHC staff or its affiliates.
Representation of War Child Holland and Horizontal Collaboration
• Represent War Child Holland and participates in global networks and bodies;
• Collaborate with Advocacy Manager in the NL in support of implementation of Global Advocacy Strategy;
• Facilitate internal CP horizontal team
• Relevant academic degree;
• Extensive knowledge of war affected emergency, post-emergency and developing countries;
• At least 5 years’ experience in Child Protection with at least 3 years of field experience in a (post) conflict setting;
• Strong advisory skills, understanding of (learning/capacity strengthening) needs;
• Good facilitation skills & intercultural sensitivity required;
• Good communicator, willing to share knowledge and experience;
• Strong project management skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of children’s rights;
• Fluency in English required and a good working knowledge of French;
• Flexible and willing to travel;
• Available 40 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 10th of March 2018. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and fill in our online questionnaire by using the following hyperlink:
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.