This is a national position based within the EU with national labour conditions. War Child Syria strives to build local capacity as much as possible.
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
Responsible for the development, coordination and mainstreaming of child protection programming, and building child protection competencies of staff within the programme and its partners. This role will coordinate with the progamme implementation teams and other key functions within the department.
· You will work closely with other child protection staff, including case workers and social workers, to identify child protection issues.
· You will assist in designing and developing child protection programs and/or activities.
· You will make frequent field visits to follow up on the quality of activity implementation, identify opportunities, constraints and adjustments needed.
· You will further assist in designing child protection capacity building plans for staff & partners and deliver sessions & trainings.
· Provide ongoing and necessary technical support, guidance and advice to program staff and partners in the field of child protection, including child safety.
· You will also work to ensure child protection connects, and is mainstreamed, in other areas of work, contributing to the development/revision of child protection materials.
· Relevant academic background (Social Sciences / International Development Studies).
· Knowledge of current principles and practices of Child Safety and Child Protection.
· Understanding of child rights (programming) in conflict and post conflict environments.
· Minimum 5 years (I)NGO work in developing countries / conflict areas, preferably with children.
· Minimum 3 years in the field of CP and program implementation.
· Minimum 1 year in staff capacity building and experience in providing trainings.
· Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects.
· Strong critical analysis and strategic thinking skills.
· Planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation skills.
· Excellent communication skills - able to provide (creative/interactive) trainings and give & receive feedback.
· Cultural sensitivity with an affinity with children and young people.
· Fluency in Arabic and English, both verbal and written communication skills.
• A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
· Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia with occasional travel to neighboring countries.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 2 years with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: As soon as possible!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.