Capacity Strengthening Specialist South Sudan
War Child Holland’s Programme in South Sudan
War Child Holland has been working in what is now South Sudan since 1998. The programme has been focused on the consequences of decades of conflict and its purpose is to ensure that children, youth, communities and government are able to promote awareness on child rights, protect children from abuse, exploitation and all forms of violation of their rights. War Child Holland in South Sudan has its country office in the capital Juba and filed offices in Bor in Jonglei State and Malakal in Upper Nile.
Capacity building of staff and partners on Child Protection (CP), Psychosocial Support (PSS) and management of CP/PSS projects. Train, coach and provide continued support to project staff, local partners and other NGO staff.
Implementation of Child Protection and Psychological Support Activities
Develop, implement and monitor Child Protection in emergencies activities. Measure and document CP and PSS program effectiveness. Contribute to the evidence-based monitoring and evaluation/assessment/reviews of projects and programs, including field-based data gathering and report writing.
Networking / Representation
Represent War Child in content meetings and coordination platforms/forums on CP and PSS.
• Relevant academic background (Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Development or related field);
• Minimum 5 years field experience in Child Protection and Psychosocial Intervention programs in post conflict situations with an (I)NGO;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with youth empowerment, participation, child development, child rights with an (I)NGO;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in capacity building/training, with coaching and supervision roles;
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring & evaluation tools;
• Strong capacity building, training, coaching and mentoring skills;
• Strong analytical skills and able to understand local context and design culturally appropriate and suitable psychosocial support interventions;
• Strong problem solving skills and able to quickly identify needs/gaps and work towards solutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with a diverse group of people;
• Strong stress management skills as evidenced by resiliency and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
• Strong communication skills, oral and written, as evidenced by quality of meetings, interactions and reports;
• High security awareness and able to work in a dynamic, sometimes high risk, environments; Prior Hostile Environment Awareness Training, or similar training, preferred;
• Fluency in English is a must.
• A challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits that includes free housing, good insurances (including health, travel and disability) and opportunities to develop and learn professionally.
Job Location: Juba, Republic of South Sudan with 60-80% travelling to various locations within South Sudan
Contract: 10 months with the intention to prolong, depending on funding
Starting date: As soon as possible
South Sudan is a non-family duty station. The expatriate may not bring children. The expatriate may bring a partner on condition that he/she is employed or will be employed by a humanitarian organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a CV as soon as possible. Applications will be considered as and when they are received. Please use the following hyperlink to apply:
Kindly mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
•Only applications received via our website will be processed.
•If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
•It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.