Intern Travel Desk
4-5 days per week for a period of 6 months (start February 2020)
You will support the Travel Officer to ensure that all arrangements (travel, via accommodation etc.) for Head Office and Field staff are taken care off (travel to the programme countries, workshops or other work related destinations and for Field staff visiting Head Office). As the Intern Travel Desk you will be supervised by the Travel Officer who is part of the Finance & Operations Support Team.
You are flexible, independent with excellent planning & organizational skills. You are interested in working for an international organization.
- Support the Travel Officer to manage the day-to-day travel requests and ensure that all travel is arranged in time, with all the required approvals and work processes in place.
- Assist that all work related to travelling of WCH staff both to and from HO and field is well arranged in time and monitored.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with the travel agency, hotels and possible new parties in order to maintain (cost-) effective arrangements.
- Assist in the travel arrangement for job applicants coming to HO and to make sure that field colleagues who visit HO are well assisted.
- Support the logistics of international meetings and workshops
- Set up and broaden the relevant network for War Child (hotels, airlines, agencies, etc.) and enter the contacts in database.
- Relevant background: MBO Tourism & Recreation/Management /Hospitality
- You are enrolled as a student in one of the Dutch educational institutions throughout the duration of internship
- Interest to work in the development sector is a pre
- Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, ad hoc can-do mentality
- Pro-active, independent and flexible
- Ability to maintain contacts at different levels
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various backgrounds
- Available for 32 – 40 hours per week, divided over 5 days.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we
preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
We are looking for an Intern who will join the Travel Desk from February 2020 for a period of at least 6 months, 4-5 days per week. If you become an intern with us, you can count on an interesting internship where you will have the opportunity to learn a lot. Of course you will get guidance, but also freedom to work out your ideas.
You will receive an internship allowance of € 200, - gross per month, based on 40 hours per week.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 12th of January 2020. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and motivation letter
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.