Design and Video intern
You help define the way people see War Child. You will learn to develop, produce and manage our video and photography content that is authentic, creative and impactful and shares the reality and resilience of children living with armed conflict by assisting the designer and video editor. You are part of War Child’s Communications team, responsible for the brand, the reputation and corporate communication. You are ready to support and service colleagues working around the world.
This role will be stationed in the Communications Team, in the Netherlands (Amsterdam), working closely with its members spread in various other countries.
As an intern you are currently following an accredited education in the Netherlands
Preferred skills sets include:
- Experience in graphic - and or multimedia design with an interest in video editing.
- Strong computer literacy: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Proficiency with Adobe creative cloud (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are a must. Premiere Pro and After effects is good to have knowledge in)
- A good level of working with identity brand books and following the guidelines accordingly
- A good notion of working on different projects at the same time.
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment without compromising artistic creativity
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken)
- A hands-on mentality
- Ability to craft and execute a vision with creativity and style
What will you be doing?
- Assist our designer and video editor with creation of design or video editing work
- Create social media content for our online channels such as visuals and gifs
- Create reports in Indesign by following the War Child brand book
- Making eye catching and interesting infographics
- Creating print material such as flyers, posters, brochures, leaflets etc.
- Edit raw materials into compelling child stories or campaign banners
Duration of internship: 5 to 6 months
Preferred starting date: As soon as possible
- An intern allowance of €200 per month
- Commuter allowance in case you do not have a student OV card
- Working from home allowance
Location: the Netherlands (Amsterdam)
About War Child
War Child is a dynamic organization. We keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with lots of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 31 January 2023. Please upload your English CV (maximum of two pages), cover letter (or any other way you would like to present yourself to us) as well as examples of your portfolio via the following link
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application you certify that all of the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Certificate of Conduct and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established.
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, sex, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.