Financial Project Controller
You are quality driven, analytical and you thrive in a dynamic work environment. You see a due date as a pleasant challenge and with your strong communication skills you are able to hold others to it. It gives you energy. You enjoy working in a multicultural organisation. You are based in Amsterdam and you report to the Director of Finance and Operations Support.
- Coordinate and improve the organizational planning and reporting cycle
- Critically monitor, analyse, review and explain the budget-actual variances for head office departments, programmes and grants
- Prepare and verify financial reports, analyses, management information and budgets and ensure timely submission to management and donors
- Improve and support the system of War Child’s internal control
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements
- Train, advice and support the organisation on financial management
- Develop standards and tools to optimize work processes.
- Relevant academic degree
- Min. 5 years of experience in a similar position within an international NGO
- Proven experience with financial donor reporting and donor requirements (preferably EC, USAID, UN, Dutch MoFa and similar institutional donors)
- Excellent understanding of the accounting structure and international organization of an iNGO
- Outstanding intercultural communication and team player skills
- Analytical, structured and with strong planning skills, cost-conscious and result-driven
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English (verbal and written)
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets for you
- Available 40 hours per week.
- Salary range from €3,193 to € 4,130 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- A contributory pension scheme
- Monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25,-
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. War Child aims to help as many war-affected children as possible. Therefore War Child has a low cost policy in place resulting in salaries below market standard.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 14 January 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter:
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.