Corporate Support Officer (Travel and Procurement)
As the Corporate Support Officer for Travel and Procurement you take care of organizational travel arrangements and provide administrative support in the area of procurement and logistics. You review procurements at the Head Office and support with tenders. You also support organization and logistics of the international meetings. You are flexible and able to perform all support tasks in the organisation. During leave periods you are the backup for the other Corporate Support Officers at the Head Office, who provide personal assistance to the managing director, give administrative support to Management Team members and head office programmes, make minutes of meetings and coordinate logistics for large and small events.
You are part of the Corporate Support team, which provides support to the Head Office. This team is part of the Finance & Operations Support department. You report to the Global Procurement & Logistics Advisor.
* Execute the day-to-day travel requests and ensure that all travel is arranged in time and monitored, with all the required approvals in place and in line with work processes
* Provide support with visa applications
* Provide assistance to the field colleagues, job applicants and guests who visit HO
* Assist in the logistics of international meetings (group bookings) and workshops
* Perform the administration of procurement documentation
* Process, monitor and cleanup Purchase Requests in Unit4
* Contribute to the preferred supplier database and framework agreements
* Support and review procurements at head office including tenders
* Relevant background (MBO+)
* Experience in a similar position in the development sector is a pre
* Knowledge of internal processes and administrative organization
* Affinity with financial administration and compliance with procedures
* Experience in office management
* Excellent planning & organizational skills and stress-resistant
* Problem solving skills, ad hoc can-do mentality
* Pro-active, independent and flexible
* Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
* Excellent interpersonal skills at different levels and various cultural backgrounds
* Ability to handle a lot of tasks simultaneously
* Available at least 30 hours per week, preferably spread over 5 days
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We enjoy an informal ambiance in our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 14 January 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and motivation letter:
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website will be processed.
- If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
- It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.